- Big news: Cash giving is up 5.9% between 2016 and 2017, the highest one-year increase since 2012-13, unadjusted for inflation.
- The 5.9% increase compares with 2.2% for 2015-16 and 2.2% for 2014-15.
- The data is based on $13 billion of cash giving.
- For individual churches in particular, giving was up 7.4% between 2016 and 2017, compared to the previous year where it was up 2.5%.
- The size category with the largest increase is churches with a budget of $25 million and higher, which is up 8.8%. The smallest increase is churches with less than a $1 million budget, which increased by 1.8%.
For more insights on giving trends for churches for the complete ECFA State of Giving report.